Systems engineering is an interdisciplinary approach and means to enable the realization of successful systems. It focuses on defining customer needs and required functionality early in the development cycle, documenting requirements, and then proceeding with design synthesis and system validation while considering the complete problem.
Systems engineering integrates all the disciplines and specialty groups into a team effort forming a structured development process that proceeds from concept to production to operation. Systems engineering considers both the business and the technical needs of all customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user needs.
Systems Engineering Tasks
- System engineering management
- System trade off analysis
- Technical reviews
- Validation and verification
- Specification development
- Requirements engineering
- Specialty engineering integration
- Systems analysis
- Configuration Management
- Preliminary, detailed design
- Integration testing
- Hardware, software, network engineering