Specialty Engineering is an interdisciplinary field of engineering traditionally associated with the various "ilities" of the system design process such as maintainability, reliability, affordability, supportability, testability, availability, producibility and manufacturability.
Engineering disciplines for reliability, human factors, maintenance, safety, logistics, training, testing, and manufacturing are integrated with other traditional product design engineering fields such as electrical, mechanical, guidance and aerodynamics to concurrently design, develop, manufacture and deploy affordable systems that are designed to meet customer requirements.
Specialty Engineering Tasks
- Reliability analysis and reliability engineering
- Maintainability analysis & maintenance engineering
- Supportability analysis & logistics engineering
- Producibility analysis & industrial engineering
- Testability analysis & testing engineering
- Safety and hazard analysis & safety engineering
- Facility requirements analysis & facility engineering